IT/MSSQL DeveloperPosted on: July 26th, 2019
Aurora World, Inc. is a leading plush and gifts international company located in Southern California. We are looking for a SQL DBA with some SQL/Report Developer responsibilities. The developer will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and performance of company SQL Server systems. As part of the IT team, you will also be responsible for developing and improving database procedures and functions.
The qualified candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to: enterprise and database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, database design, database development, database tuning, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security.
- Design and document database policies, procedures and standards for operations, programming and security.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Execute design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with departments.
- Design and code TSQL Queries, stored procedures, and SSRS reports.
- Provide technical documentation as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- ERP experience especially MS Dynamics NAV 2015 higher
- Experience with and solid knowledge of SQL Server 2014/2016
- Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Experience with SSRS development
- Strong understanding of SQL Server security processes and standards
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex SQL code and design
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity. Capable of troubleshooting common database issues.
- Skilled at writing and optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing and developing solutions.
- Advanced communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units.
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for MSSQL Server.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, local security policies, security delegation, Service Principle Names, storage configuration and optimization
- Computer Science Degree Highly Desired
Job Type: Full-time
- T-SQL: 3 years (Required)
- SSRS: 3 years (Required)
- Database Administration: 3 years (Required)
- ERP (MS Dynamics NAV): 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)